Alleluia! Christ is risen indeed.
O come, let us worship. Alleluia!
- Blessed are those who have put their trust in the Lord:
who have not turned to the proud,
or to those who stray after false gods.
- O Lord my God, great are the wonderful things you have done,
and the things you have in mind for us:
there is none to be compared with you.
- I would proclaim them and speak of them:
but they are more than can be numbered.
- Sacrifice and offering you do not desire,
but you have opened my ears to hear:
burnt-offering and sacrifice for sin you have not required of me.
- Then I said, 'Look, I have come:
in the scroll of the book it is written that I should do your will.
- I delight to do your will O my God:
truly your law is in my heart.
- I have told the glad news of deliverance in the great assembly:
I did not restrain my lips, as you will know O Lord.
- I have not kept your goodness hidden in my heart:
I have spoken of your faithfulness and you saving help.
- I have not concealed your steadfast love:
nor your truth from the great assembly.
- Lord, do not withhold from me your tender care:
let your love and faithfulness ever preserve me.
The Armour of God
grant us your wisdom and favour,
give us the grace to cast off the works of darkness
and put on the full armour of God,
now in the time of this mortal life,
Place on us the belt of truth, because you are the way,
and the truth and the life,
the breastplate of righteousness,
because we have no righteousness of our own,
but you became our righteousness on the cross.
Place on us shoes of the Gospel of peace
that we miss no opportunity to share your love with others.
Put on us the shield of faith,
that the fiery darts of the enemy do not harm us in any way.
Put on us the helmet of salvation,
that our minds be protected and renewed daily in You.
Put on us the sword of the Spirit,
which is the word of God;
and may the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ,
the Love of God
and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit
be with us all for ever more.