Christ is the strength of the martyrs:
O come, let us worship.
- Preserve me O God:
for in you I have taken refuge.
- I have said to the Lord, 'You are my God:
from you alone comes all my prosperity.'
- All my delight is in the faithful who dwell in the land:
and in those who excel in virtue.
- But as for those who run after other gods:
their troubles shall be multiplied.
- Libations of blood I will not offer to those gods:
nor will I take their names up on my lips.
- You Lord are my allotted portion and my cup;
you yourself have cast my lot.
- My boundaries enclose a pleasant land:
indeed I have a noble heritage.
- I will thank you O Lord for giving me counsel:
at night also you teach my heart.
- I keep you always before me:
you are on my right hand, therefore I shall not fall.
- So my heart is glad, and my soul rejoices:
my body also shall rest in safety.
- For you will not give me up to the power of death:
nor suffer your beloved to see the Abyss.
- You will show me the path of life, in your presence is the fullness of joy:
and from your right hand flow delights for evermore.
The Armour of God
grant us your wisdom and favour,
give us the grace to cast off the works of darkness
and put on the full armour of God,
now in the time of this mortal life,
Place on us the belt of truth, because you are the way,
and the truth and the life,
the breastplate of righteousness,
because we have no righteousness of our own,
but you became our righteousness on the cross.
Place on us shoes of the Gospel of peace
that we miss no opportunity to share your love with others.
Put on us the shield of faith,
that the fiery darts of the enemy do not harm us in any way.
Put on us the helmet of salvation,
that our minds be protected and renewed daily in You.
Put on us the sword of the Spirit,
which is the word of God;
and may the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ,
the Love of God
and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit
be with us all for ever more.